NUMBER OF BEDS, DOCTORS, NURSES ETC
The hospital has a total of 1099 beds (including 100 beds in SSW: Cardiology-40, Cardiology ICCU-10, Neurology-30, Urology-20). There are 235 doctors who are faculty members. There are also Medical Officers, Senior and Junior residents.
- Telephone No. of Principal’s Office-- 0342- 2658646
- Telephone No. of Hospital’s Office—0342- 2568644
- Telephone No. of MSVP’s Office— 0342- 2665228
- Fax No.-- 0342-2658636
- email : [email protected]
Enquiry counters & help desks exist in the OPD at various locations where one can enquire and seek help in case of any problem
Website - http://www.burdwanmedicalcollege.info contains detailed information on BMC.
- One ICTC van is there for treatment of HIV infected person.
Burdwan Medical college & Hospital’s Department of Orthopedics treats a large volume of trauma, sports-medicine-related injuries and musculoskeletal problems. The Department of Orthopedics and Surgery is also able to perform complex spinal surgery, reconstruction surgery, including total knee and hip replacements as well as routine bone and joint surgery.
Patients have come from many different locations throughout the world to have their orthopedic problems rectified. For general non surgical intervention, the department works in partnership with our physiotherapy and rehabilitation center so patients can return to a normal life as soon as possible.
Ground floor, Emergency Building, easily accessible from BMC entrance from all sides. These services are available 24 hour a day, through out the year. Anyone with urgent medical problem can seek consultation/treatment in the Emergency. If doctors decide that you need urgent medical intervention, you will be registered at the emergency registration counter, free of charge and proper medical care will be provided promptly. Emergency has dedicated team of Emergency Medical Officers (including Junior Residents), Nurses, Paramedics and GDAs etc. to provide urgent medical services. We endeavour to provide medical care (incl. Investigation & treatment) at the earliest possible time.
The treating doctors will call any specialist/super-specialist, who is available on call for urgent consultation as and when required.
- All in-patients receive treatment by team of Resident Doctors and Nurses, available round the clock, under the supervision and guidance of Faculty Members of BMC.
- Hospital Attendants are available in different wards to help in patient care and related activities.
- Waste disposal is done as per the established rules (Biomedical waste management and handling rules, 1998) and utmost care is taken to keep the premises neat and clean.
- Every inpatient is provided with two attendant passes.
- Visitors are allowed only during notified visiting hours i.e. 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Special Investigations like USG, CT, etc. are changed as per the rates approved by Government
- Bed linen is changed at the time of admission, thereafter on every alternate day and also whenever required.
- Food is served three times a day.
BMC blood bank is a cache of blood or blood components, gathered as a result of blood donation or collection, stored and preserved for later use in blood transfusion. Routinely blood test is done in Blood Bank to reduce the risk of transfusion related adverse events.
Our Blood Bank is open 24hrs
The institute has fully equipped modern Operation Theatres, where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed using the latest techniques and technology. For routine surgeries, the respective departments maintain waiting list. Patients are called and operated upon as per the waiting list. But, in case of emergencies/urgencies, the out of turn surgeries are also performed, at the discretion at the treating doctors.
- The hospital has fully equipped ICU Ground Floor, SSW (Anamay) to provide expert ICU care.
- SNCU present in 1st floor of Paediatrics Dept.(Sishu Bibhag).
Emergency Lab - 24 hours, throughout the year, for all emergency investigations.
Routine Lab - Sample Collection Timings:- Weekdays - 9 a.m. to 12 noon at College building ground floor and 9a.m to 2 p.m. at OPD building 3rd floor.
All type of routine investigations incl. Biochemical, microbiological, pathology, immunology are done at BMC.
BMC has a licensed modern, state of the art Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its components. Strict precautions are taken and testing is done to prevent any borne infection. If your patient requires blood transfusions, then you are requested to arrange healthy blood donors for donating blood in order to reduce shortage of blood.
OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENT (OPD) SERVICES
Registration Time Consultation Time
General OPD - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Speciality Clinics - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- OPD Card costing Rs. 2/- can be purchased at the OPD building.
- Patients are seen on first come first serve basis.
- Many facilities are provided at OPD level e.g. ECG, Plaster, Injection and Immunization Room, Contraception and MTP Services, Minor
- Surgical Intervention, Physiotherapy, etc.
- Medical fitness certificates can be issued
- The decision to admit a patient rests with the treating doctor
- After OPD consultation, the treating doctor will fill up the requisition forms for various investigations & direct/guide you to the concerned lab /dept. Sample collection centre for Blood, Urine, Stool etc.
- Sample Collection Timings are:- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Certain specialized investigations are done on particular days only.
- The report normally reaches the concerned OPD on the next OPD day.
- Certain investigations are done free of charge while others are charged as per the prevailing norms fixed by Government.
- Patients should Deposit the money only at the designated hospital Cash Counters and obtain the proper receipt.
- Due to excess work load, waiting period exists for certain investigations like MRI, CT, USG etc. Patients are given future dates by the concerned departments. However, these may be done out of turn in urgent situations, on recommendation of the treating doctor.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS
- The success of this charter depends on the support we receive from our users.
- Please try to appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning.
- On an average, Please follow the rules and regulations of the hospital while inside the hospital.
- Please do not cause inconvenience to other patients by crowding or making noise unnecessarily.
- Please help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean.
- Please don't argue with security persons and show your passes when asked for & help maintain the order and peace inside the hospital campus.
- Please use the facilities of this hospital with care and do not damage spoil hospital property.
- Beware of Touts & unauthorized persons. Don't indulge in any monetary transactions with them.
- Please refrain from demanding under favours from the staff and officials.
- Please provide useful feedback and constructive suggestions.